Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: I was wrong

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I was wrong

    Ladies and Gentlemen, it was recently brought to my attention that I had broken one of the Forum's rules about posting PM's in public. Had I known about this rule, I would not have broken it so callously. I ask you to accept my apology, members of the forum, and Pac-Man. However, I do not apologize for the rest of the meaning of that post or any other posts in that thread. That in no way changes how I feel in this matter.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: I was wrong

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mik_Mo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ladies and Gentlemen, it was recently brought to my attention that I had broken one of the Forum's rules about posting PM's in public. Had I known about this rule, I would not have broken it so callously. I ask you to accept my apology, members of the forum, and Pac-Man. However, I do not apologize for the rest of the meaning of that post or any other posts in that thread. That in no way changes how I feel in this matter. </div></div>

    I forgive you [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] Since you are not going to say you are sorry about the rest of the posts, do you need my number?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I was wrong

    Is it a forum rule to not do this? If so, will someone point me in the right direction so I can see this with my own eyes.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I was wrong

    It is pretty much a common rule not to post others PM's. the name of it is PERSONAL MESSAGE and is used in the expectation that it is not public info but Personal between 2 people. Now if it is something threating that someone feels strange about it should be shared with a MOD.
    there was something about this a while back but I don't really know where to point to so you can find it. Maybe Rock can point the way
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I was wrong

    I understand its a "common" rule, but is it an actual rule on this forum?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I was wrong

    When he "scolded" me for my actions, he told me apparently there was some near legal trouble in the past from someone doing the same thing.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I was wrong

    Well this is on the "Membership Details"
    I suppose this is where that rule is derived from.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Privacy of users is an absolute right. If any user is found to be exploiting personal information that is given, harassing users (in any form) or using opinions against the members here, the offending party will be removed. Any questions, please contact us</div></div>
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: I was wrong

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it a forum rule to not do this? If so, will someone point me in the right direction so I can see this with my own eyes. </div></div>

    Well he said it was. PM should be private and we should not post them for everyone to see. I guess Rock or someone told him that and that is why he said he was sorry.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I was wrong

    I may not be in the FAQ rules verbatim right now, but once we re-do the rules to the forum this will be a rule that's lined out in explicit detail. It's a common courtesy for PM's to be kept private anyways, unless you've received permission to post what was sent to you from the other person.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: I was wrong

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may not be in the FAQ rules verbatim right now, but once we re-do the rules to the forum this will be a rule that's lined out in explicit detail. It's a common courtesy for PM's to be kept private anyways, unless you've received permission to post what was sent to you from the other person. </div></div>

    I think they should remain private. No reason to make them public. If you do not like the PM someone can let you or Rock see it, but as far as putting it on a post it should not be acceptable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •